Travel insurance in India provides coverage for medical expenses incurred overseas for any treatment received as an inpatient or outpatient. All plans also cover trip related exigencies like trip delays, trip interruptions, trip cancellations and related problems that may arise during your trip. Some plans also provide services such as travel-related advice, Medically required Evacuation to your home in India or a hospital overseas for continued medical treatment. Other assistance services include providing emergency cash or help in the event of the loss or theft of your money, valuables or travel documents.
2. Are there cheap travel insurance policies?
• You have an option to compare different travel insurance policies online in E India Insurance and then choose the cheaper one according to your requirements. As an insured, please note that "cheap" may also mean limited insurance coverage. So kindly evaluate and decide the cover requirement based on your age, destination and duration of travel and then look for the most affordable option.
3. What is the procedure to buy Travel Insurance online?
Buying travel insurance online is easy. All you need to do is, follow the instructions on our website, enter your personal details and buy using your credit card. The purchase is done on a secure page, and your credit card information is safe.
4. What is the benefit of buying travel insurance online?
The insurance can be purchased from anywhere across the globe as long as the traveler is still in India. A son or daughter sitting in the United States or the United Kingdom can purchase insurance for their parents who are traveling from India.
All the relevant details about the policy is available online, so you can make an informed decision while purchasing the plan, and not depend on the decision of your travel agent or insurance agent.
Buying business insurance online saves time as it is convenient and can be completed in a matter of minutes without any paperwork. Purchasing online is environmentally friendly as there is no paperwork involved.
You can also use the compare travel insurance tool, where you can compare travel insurance policies offered by several companies under one roof and buy the policy you like.
5. Should I pay more for using the online service than going to the insurance company or buying through an insurance agent?
No, you do not pay anything additional. You pay only for the cost of the insurance policy. Our online facility provides the best prices; you cannot get a lower price for the same product anywhere else.
6. How can I save money while purchasing travel insurance online?
You can always save money by comparing quotes of different insurance policies. There are many insurance companies offering attractive policies, you can compare the different plans using our Indian travel insurance comparison facility. Select the policy suitable to your budget and requirements. If you travel overseas regularly then the annual multi-trip policy probably works best.
7. What are the different modes of payment to purchase travel insurance?
You can purchase using either credit card, debit card or cheque on our website.
8. Do I have to get medical exam done before buying travel insurance policy?
No, there is no such requirement to getting medical test for travel insurance. Some companies might ask for medical tests for travellers more than seventy years for higher coverage. Coverage often to fifteen thousand dollars is provided without medical tests.
9. Do I need to inform my previous medical history to the provider?
For most of the travel policies offered on our website, there is no need for providing medical records. If medical records are required then it’s clearly mentioned.
10. How do I receive the policy after applying?
You will receive the policy document by email and a hard copy of the same document will also be sent to your Indian address by courier.