Commercial General Liability (CGL) Insurance
The Commercial General Liability policy is the ideal policy for organizations that are proactive in their approach towards Liability issues. This is a complete policy to provide seamless protection to the Insured, and covers Third Party Liabilities arising from various business exposures such as those arising from Premises, Products, Completed Operations, Advertising and Personal Injury and also provides supplemental payments, thus ensuring complete protection to the insured against Liability issues.
Legal liability generally arises from Premises, Products, Operations, Advertising and Personal Injury.
Who requires the protection of CGL Insurance? Whilst CGL like other stand-alone Public and Product Liability policies has universal applicability, the following types of organizations have greatly appreciated the availability of the CGL policy within India.
Coverages of this Policy
- Indian companies that have global operations and thus are exposed to legal claims worldwide.
- Foreign companies who have opted for the CGL policy in other jurisdictions and would prefer the same for their Indian operations.
- Companies who are contractually bound to carry Occurrence based liability covers.
- Coverage A - Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability
- Coverage B - Personal & Advertising Injury Liability
- Coverage C - Medical Payments
- Coverage D - Supplementary Payments