Who can buy HDFC ERGO Health student travel insurance?
- Indian students enrolled in a full time course or study abroad program.
- Available for individual applicant.
- Aged between 10 years and 50 years. For student who is a minor, the proposer must be one of the parent or guardian.
Educare – Student Plan
HDFC ERGO Health Formerly Apollo Munich’s Educare is one of the most comprehensive Student Insurance plans available in the India market currently. This is a specially designed product for students traveling abroad for their further studies (be it school, college or advanced education) to protect them against uncertainties while abroad for academic education. The currently plan called Educare is available to students in four options – Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum with sum insured options ranging between $50,000 to $500,000.
As is the other plans they offer these plans across three Geographies namely Worldwide Including US & Canada, Worldwide Excluding US & Canada, and Asia Including Australia. Please note that the Asia plan here is inclusive of Australia as well. Importantly also, one must note that the Asia plan is offered only in Bronze & Silver plan options.
The benefits which form part of this comprehensive plan include Emergency Medical Expenses which include Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains and Medical coverage in India. Personal Accidental, Felonious Assault, Baggage Loss/Delay, Loss of Passport, Personal Liability are some of the standard covers offered. These plans also come with nique benefits which are applicable only to Student Insurance which include Study Interruption, Sponsor Protection, Compassionate Visit (2 way), Maternity & Child care Benefits, Treatment for Mental & Nervous disorders, Cancer Screening and HIV coverage.
- The plan can be purchased only by a student travelling on a student visa for full time college or school education.
- Insured persons are eligible between the ages of 10 years upto a maximum age of 50 years. In case a minor the proposer can be one of the parents/legal guardian.
- Policy can be extended once in the policy period upto the maximum of 3 years, subject to there being no claim under the policy.