Off course, it is important for every Indian traveller to realise the importance of travel insurance and buy a policy for travel to any part of the world, including Malaysia and Thailand. The traveller should have the comparison and then decide based on the coverage and premium and reputation of the insurance company before opting for a suitable plan. There are many strong travel insurance providers who have been offering India travel insurance for Malaysia and Thailand for many years and have been settling claims promptly and these providers should be evaluated before finally choosing your insurance partner.
Good International Travel insurance coverage for Malaysia and Thailand is an important product that all Indian travellers should buy simply because it covers risks to the insured travellers associated with the travel itself like:
- Accident & Sickness Medical Expense Cover – medical expenses are covered in case of an unfortunate hospitalisation.
- Baggage Loss / Delay in Baggage Cover - If the baggage is lost or delayed the insurance company will pay the sum insured.
- Trip Cancellation / Interruption Cover - In case the insured falls sick or if there is an accident due to which the insured has to cancel the trip, the uninsured part of the bookings will get reimbursed.
- 24/7 Assistance – The traveller can avail round-the-clock assistance from the Assistance Partner of the insurance company who is abroad. The TPA can be contacted on their toll-free numbers
- Personal Liability Cover - In case there is a damage caused to a third party, then the insurance company will compensate the legal expenses.
Is travel insurance mandatory for Thailand?
No, Travel insurance is not mandatory for obtaining a Tourist visa to Thailand. Travel insurance for Indian tourist visiting Thailand is a category of insurance policies which are exclusively designed for those who are planning for international travel to countries across the world including Thailand. Whether one is going to have a short or long term stay in Thailand, whether one is travelling on business or leisure, travel insurance would help one to overcome financially any unforeseen events or emergencies as part of your travel more easily.
All Indian tourists travel insurance for Thailand plans have two sections or two types of coverage. One is Medical coverages which include Accident & Sickness Expense Coverage, Dental Coverage
, Medical Evacuation
, Personal Accident etc. The second section pertains to Non-Medical coverages like Loss of Passport
, Baggage Delay
, Trip Cancellation
, Personal Liability, Bounced Hotel, Missed Connection
/Departures, Flight Delay etc. These are equally important coverages because if the traveller is stranded in a foreign country without insurance, all expenses relating to these exigencies will have to be borne by the insured. It is advisable to compare overseas travel insurance for Thailand before buying the best India travel insurance.
Tagged by India travel insurance for Malaysia | Indian tourist Travel insurance for Thailand | Affordable Indian travel insurance for Malaysia