Eligibility to buy Asia Travel Guard Insurance
Pre-existing ailments or medical conditions are covered up to $1500 only incase of life threatening situation.
- Policy is available for all entry ages under different plans from the age of 6 months onwards till 70 years of age.
- Travel insurance is available for the maximum of 180 days under the Single Trip Plans.
- Traveller should hold either an Indian citizen with an Indian passport, PIO Card (Persons of Indian Origin Card) or OCI Card (Overseas Citizen of India Card)
- Traveller should be traveling out from India and be available in India while purchasing the TATA AIG Policy
Included under the benefit limit of accident and sickness medical expenses reimbursement
Maximum amount to be reimbursed per bag is 50% and maximum value per article contained in any bag is 10% of sum(s) insured
Sub Limits - The following medical sub limits are applicable for travelers older than 56 years. However these medical sublimits are not applicable for plans 'WITHOUT SUBLIMIT'
|Hospital room and board and hospital miscellaneous
||Max $1,500 per day upto 30 days whichever is less.
|Intensive care unit
||Max $3,000 per day upto 7 days whichever is less.
||Upto 25% of Surgical Treatment
||Max $75 per Day upto 10 visits
|Diagnostic and pre-admission testing
Coverage benefits of TATA AIG Asia Travel Guard Insurance
- Personal accident - 24-hr personal accident cover upto US$ 15,000.
- Medical expenses Cover - Reimbursement of medical expenses due to accident and sickness.
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation - In the event of a medical emergency, we will arrange for the evacuation and transportation to move an ill or injured traveler to another location where appropriate. Policy provides for repatriation of remains in case of unfortunate death of the insured while on trip.
- Checked baggage loss - Compensation for the loss of checked in baggage.
- Loss of passport - Compensation for expenses incurred in obtaining a duplicate or new passport.
- Checked baggage delay - Compensation for reasonable expenses incurred for purchase of emergency personal effects due to delay in arrival checked in baggage, whilst overseas.
- Personal liability - Compensation for damages to be paid to a third party, resulting from death, bodily injury or damage to property; caused involuntarily by the insured.
Assistance services of TATA AIG Asia Travel Guard Insurance
- Medical Services provider referral
- Arrangement of hospital admissions
- Lost luggage assistance
- Emergency Travel Services
- Embassy referral services
- Claims procedure information services
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, China, Hongkong, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Phillippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, UAE, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
Exclusions of TATA AIG Asia Travel Guard Insurance
This policy does not cover expenses directly or indirectly in respect of :
- traveling against the advise of a physician
- for obtaining treatment,
- pre-existing ailments & complications arising out of them,
- suicide or attempted suicide, war, illegal acts, traveling under the influence of drugs, terrorism, dangerous sports etc.
Please refer to the policy wordings
for other exclusions.